Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to The Oscar Fish forum!

TOPIC: MonsterFishKeepers vs Monster Energy

MonsterFishKeepers vs Monster Energy 5 years 6 months ago #928

• kmuda
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 910
We had a thread running in the old forum on this issue so I thought I would start a new one here. For those of you who may not be aware, sometime last year Monster Energy, maker of the piss flavored Monster Energy drinks, filed a lawsuit against MonsterFiskKeepers.Com. It would appear that Monster Energy claims to own the word "Monster" and the letter "M". For details, see here:

support.monsterfishkeepers.com/

I am not aware of the current status of this lawsuit, other than it appears to be ongoing. But just to add my commentary to the Mix....... If Monster Energy wants to sue over some stupid sh!t involving the Letter "M".... here you go. Sue this.

But that is not the purpose of this post. This post is to report one small victory in the battle. I managed to have Monster Energy drinks removed from the shelf of one small store on a street corner in Arkansas. For months, every time I go into the store I have objected to a large Monster Energy drink display and cooler that is predominately displayed. It had become a running "gag" with me and the store manager, but it's given me the opportunity to explain the situation to an uncountable number of customers who where in line whenever these discussions took place. I walked into the store today and the Monster Energy refrigerator is gone, no Monster Energy signs, and no Monster Energy drinks to be found anywhere. :woohoo:

I have not talked to the manager yet. I'll track her down tomorrow. But I'm assuming all of these months of my hammering on her finally took effect. If so, one small victory. Who would want to buy a product from a company that implements Corporate Bullying tactics as standard practice?

On a side note, Monster Energy also filed a suit against "Rehab London", a men's grooming salon. It would appear since Monster Energy has released a drink called "Rehab" (as in Rehab the Monster), they now think they also own the word "Rehab".

hackettandtiger.com/clients-and-testimonials/fightthemonster/
edalouiseblog.com/2013/01/27/corporate-b...ks-for-rehab-london/

EDIT: You might also want to read this, particularly the section where it describes Monster Energy threatening a lawsuit against a school nutritionist who was complaining about sugary drinks in a news letter. Jeeze. These guys are ruthless Ass Hats..
120g - Tiger Oscar, Parrot Cichlid, SDs | 55g - 24 Year Old Kissing Gourami
55g - Angelfish/Bolivan Rams | 40g GBRs - 20g Apistos
65g Blackwater Planted Discus Tank
4 Cats, 2 Shelties, 1 Rat Terrier, 1 wife, 1 old lady, 1 sub-adult, 1 rug rat.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MonsterFishKeepers vs Monster Energy 5 years 6 months ago #931

• whitneygene
  • Advice Team
  • Thank you received: 111
Here is the latest in this story.

www.bostonglobe.com/business/2013/03/16/...Ey6GWDp6M/story.html

Li is a personal friend of mine, and there are still signatures needed on the petition. Even if you do not frequent the MAN forums, your support is greatly appreciated.

Thank you, kmuda, for your effort in having Monster removed from your local store.

MonsterFishKeepers vs Monster Energy 5 years 6 months ago #955

• kmuda
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 910
Snicker, snicker......

Monster Engery going after the kid's nutritionist resulted in a Senator getting involved. Oops.... :whistle:

www.beveragedaily.com/Manufacturers/Dr-D...ty-laundry-in-public

EDIT: This was posted yesterday.
www.ct.com/blog/wtxx-monster-beverage-ve...0327,0,2940672.story

The letter from the senator (actually three of them) to Monster Energy can be found here:
www.blumenthal.senate.gov/newsroom/press...ut-health-newsletter

Monster Energy blames it's drop in stock prices due to bad press such as the nutritionist saying that energy drinks are harmful to children. I suggest they look at themselves and understand that all of these lawsuits are generating more ill will and loss of sales than any of the other stuff.
120g - Tiger Oscar, Parrot Cichlid, SDs | 55g - 24 Year Old Kissing Gourami
55g - Angelfish/Bolivan Rams | 40g GBRs - 20g Apistos
65g Blackwater Planted Discus Tank
4 Cats, 2 Shelties, 1 Rat Terrier, 1 wife, 1 old lady, 1 sub-adult, 1 rug rat.

MonsterFishKeepers vs Monster Energy 5 years 6 months ago #971

• ahabs foot
  • Advice Team
  • Thank you received: 18
From Salon Monster Energy poses monster threat to consumers: www.salon.com/2013/03/22/monster_energy_...o_consumers_partner/

From Stars and Stripes Keep unsafe energy drinks off bases: www.stripes.com/keep-unsafe-energy-drinks-off-bases-1.210473
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds