Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Amphilophus trimaculatus from the beginning

Amphilophus trimaculatus from the beginning 2 weeks 5 days ago #71230

• toom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 419
To bring the forum a little bit to life again i will update to the Trimaculatus i started to grow out since last sunday.

For the record they started free swimming on November 18. Since than I got them. Was kind of a bit risky since they was still a little bit to fragil for a transport but I did it anyways.

Species is Amphilophus trimaculatus, they are pure F2 and again Rio Coyotale variation. Maybe not the biggest kind of trimac but regulary getting very thick and high backed.

I feed them since they settled in my tank with decapseled Baby brines and hope to go fast with Söll Power Flakes what is an very good growth food.

The first week did not much change. They may put on 50% more size what still is tiny. But you are now able to see there little fins and eyes.
There bahavior at the other hand changed allready enough. The first 2 days they was all hearding in a corner. Now they show allready alot of curious actions and also don't swarm that lot anymore. They aggressivly pick at food and allready start to explore the tank a bit more up to the mid.

Still there is a long way to go. I still hope they grow fast so that I have at least an 1 to 1.5 inch fish in January.
We need to stop talking about the people as if they were the crown of creation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FreshyFesh, Ernie14, beretta96

Amphilophus trimaculatus from the beginning 2 weeks 4 days ago #71237

• Ernie14
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Thank you received: 84
Will follow this topic with interest, can't wait to see some photos.
One day will have to have Trimacs, pity Germany isn't a bit closer to Australia !!
150 gallon 2x Tiger Oscars

Amphilophus trimaculatus from the beginning 2 weeks 4 days ago #71244

• toom
  • Platinum Boarder
I need another propper Picture upload. Got problems with my old photobucket account.

For the Trimaculatus, you can most likley thanks China and Thailand to never see a pure trimac because they will directly turn it into an Flowerhorn :P

Amphilophus trimaculatus from the beginning 2 weeks 1 day ago #71261

• JAJameson2010
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 54
Very neat! Can't wait to follow the updates

Jessica

Amphilophus trimaculatus from the beginning 2 weeks 1 day ago #71262

• toom
  • Platinum Boarder
I will, I did get some good pictures but still need to find a hoster where 4 to 5 MB pictures can be uploaded for free.

I raised the temp up to 27/28 degrees. I also stoled the male britslenose pleco his clutch of eggs, dropped them in a fry box in the Baby trimac tank with an air stone and they hatched quite fast. Maybe 30 or more allready have digested half there yolk bag.

The Baby trimacs are still going fine. I will try to feed tomorow with dusted powerflakes and see if they allready accept.
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds