Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2017 Fishing Thread

2017 Fishing Thread 2 months 6 days ago #68889

• ~rush~
  • Senior Mod
  • Thank you received: 472
A new year means a new fishing thread! Time to hit the water, or hard water up here (aka Ice!)!

There are days when my son drives me nuts, and I want to whip his little ass up and down the streets. He's a good kid, but he's 4 so, you know, he doesn't listen very well. But some days, some days, he makes me so proud...

"My Country is the World, and my Religion is to do good." -Thomas Paine
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2017 Fishing Thread 2 months 6 days ago #68893

• toom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 387
Lord rush you should not give away to many secrets to your young apprentice.
If he knows anything you trached him, well in Star wars it ends not good for the Master. :P

Anyways did he catch them by himsef? Kudos
We need to stop talking about the people as if they were the crown of creation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ~rush~

2017 Fishing Thread 2 months 6 days ago #68899

• ~rush~
  • Senior Mod
Ha! The only difference here is that I look forward to the day that my son dethrones me. Then he can buy a boat, all the latest gear, put in the time in the water to find the fish, and I'll just jump in and catch fish for fun. :)

He caught both of those fish pictured. First one he caught I wasn't even in the ice house for - I was setting up a tip up outside and he just started yelling. The second one, I set the hook for him as I happened to be holding the rod while he played with the lures in my tacklebox. Then I just handed the rod off to him. Oh man, it was a blast. He just yells "I GOT A BIG ONE!" Hahaha.

2017 Fishing Thread 1 month 2 weeks ago #69287

• ~rush~
  • Senior Mod
It's been a peculiar winter this year. Hard freeze in early December and lots of snow since then. About mid January it started getting really warm though. Lots of days in the 20's and 30's (F). I know that doesn't seem too warm to some of you, but when you consider that January and February are typically the coldest months of the year for us the last 4 weeks have been a heat wave, literally. Just south of us 70 miles or so there is almost no snow at all on the ground. We still have a solid 18 inches, but it is melting. And this weekend its supposed to be in the 40's! Craziness!

So obviously I'm going to try to get on the ice. Can't pass up that type of weather. :)
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds