Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Oscar injured. Again...

Oscar injured. Again... 4 weeks 1 day ago #72157

• Oscarmon
  • Microgeophagus ramirezi
  • Thank you received: 4
Today I got home and went in to feed my O when I realized that at the bottom of his left side is missing multiple scales. It seems as if he ran into my ornaments.

This is the second time he has injured himself on these ornaments. The first time it was a head wound :bang:

Both ornaments are fake rock.

The wound doesn't seem to affect him because he's acting the same, but I will be doing a water change tomorrow so he doesn't get some kind of infection (I'm sure they exist). I would also like to know if there should be any medication for this. Is any kind needed?

Should I ditch the ornaments and replace them? Or should I have no ornaments at all?

I know that ornaments give him a hiding place but I don't want him to keep doing this to himself...

I will attempt the picture thing but I'm warning you guys that even if it works, the pics won't be very clear. :unsure:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Oscar injured. Again... 4 weeks 1 day ago #72158

• beretta96
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Thank you received: 123
How old is s/he again? About how long is s/he? Single occupant in the tank...true?

Oscar injured. Again... 4 weeks 13 hours ago #72159

• Oscarmon
  • Microgeophagus ramirezi
  • Thank you received: 4
Almost 1 year old. almost 8in. Yeah, I wouldn't even consider a tankmate with him considering the minimum tank size.

Oscar injured. Again... 3 weeks 4 days ago #72169

• beretta96
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Thank you received: 123
Given his age and size I don't think he needs any ornaments. When they're younger they needs some ornaments to hide and give them a sense of security....s/he's getting to the age now, especially being the single occupant, that ornaments are more for your benefit that your Oscar's.
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds