Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Power Outage Solutions.

Power Outage Solutions. 4 days 5 hours ago #72065

• Oscarmon
  • Microgeophagus ramirezi
  • Thank you received: 3
2 days ago I had a power outage for about 3-4 hours. Afterwards I did as i should and rinsed the filter media with aquarium water etc. Unfortunately I was not home to see how it had effected the O. What I have noticed to day during his water change is that the thermometer and heater have been moved and/or attacked. He has never done this before and I was wondering whether this was caused by stress?.

I'd love to know what I can do without a generator in order to prevent problems like this. I'm aware of battery operated airstones.
Is there such a thing that could automatically turn on during a power outage that could connect to my power bar and keep the tank running? I saw a clip of something like this on YouTube and if you skip to 3:25 on the video you will see a battery-like box with a lightning symbol on it. I wasn't listening to the sound but was wondering if this does what I was asking for. Here's the video link:

I will gladly take anymore of your advice on what to do. Thanks!

(Also check out my other new subject on my canister's problem)
< None yet >
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Power Outage Solutions. 3 days 21 hours ago #72068

• toom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 438
Of course this is possible. You need something named inverter an UPS = uninterruptible power supply connector and of course your alternative energy source like a big powerbank, windmill or Solar pannel.

Can be tricky in some Situations. For example in many EU countrys a fully of grid Installation is not allowed and i am not sure if you need permision of your Land lord to install something like this if you live in a rented house or Apartment, because of insurance reasons.
We need to stop talking about the people as if they were the crown of creation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds