Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: HUGE Oscar

HUGE Oscar 6 months 1 week ago #71610

• Aquamoo
  • Microgeophagus ramirezi
  • Thank you received: 2
I was watching this video and this guy has a 16.5" Oscar. It's at 16:20 do you think it's really that big?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

HUGE Oscar 6 months 1 week ago #71611

• Northstar5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 217
Its possible I suppose, but more importantly, what I see is two large Oscars with significant erosion around the nostrils and face area, in a far too small of tank, and with full grown Silver Dollars to boot. This case, size doesn't matter, its the shoddy care that shows up most. One of the biggest exaggerations in the hobby is fish size. I have seen plenty of fish stated to be a certain size, and a simple eyeball of the aquarium proves wrong. There is a video somewhere of a giant Oscar in a 75g tank. Oscar takes up darn near the entire 18in width of the tank, no doubting the size of that one. I have had and still have Oscars well over a foot long. Those two there don't look any bigger than my biggest at 14in. Until you see a fish against a tape measure, or along the side of a tank that has a certain width, its all speculation.
1600gals of South and Central American cichlids. Some with just a "wee" bit of attitude!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ~rush~
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds