Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Online Stores, Vendors, Sellers Feedback.

Online Stores, Vendors, Sellers Feedback. 4 years 4 months ago #15515

• ~rush~
  • Senior Mod
  • Thank you received: 493
Bringing back another sticky. www.oscarfish.com/oscar-forum/viewtopic.php/f,2/t,85179/

This is a great way to give positive or negative feedback about a store or vendor or personal seller (aquabid, ebay). Share your experiences, what you like and disliked about the services or products so we can all benefit or learn from you. I'll provide a template and then post a handful of my own experiences so you know what I'm talking about. :)

Vendor Name:
Contact Person:
Phone Number:
Communication:
Packaging:
Delivery Time:
Product:

Star Rating (1-10, 10 being the absolute best)
Additional Comments:
"My Country is the World, and my Religion is to do good." -Thomas Paine
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Online Stores, Vendors, Sellers Feedback. 4 years 4 months ago #15518

• ~rush~
  • Senior Mod
Vendor: Foster and Smith
Communication: Email
Packaging: I've ordered from F&S dozens of times. I have never recieved a single damaged product. Their packaging is always great.
Delivery Time: Foster and Smith has a warehouse in Wisconsin which is a single state away from me so my delivery is always speedy. Even if I wasn't close, I pay close attention to the tracking process and they ship very quickly.
Star Rating: 9 - I dont' think I'll ever give out a 10 so consider this as good as it gets. From product selection, to customer service, to prices, to delivery time... all around a great place to get anything you need.

Online Stores, Vendors, Sellers Feedback. 4 years 4 months ago #15519

• kmuda
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 910
Vendor Name: Fosters and Smith
Communication: Email/Phone
Packaging: Every few weeks I am ordering something from them. Never had anything arrived damaged. Sometimes, the packaging used must have cost more than the item being shipped. They also seal with tape all liquid products. In addition, they package in any return paperwork in case it is needed. Makes it easy.
Delivery Time: Amazingly fast for "free" delivery (most of my orders qualify). There have been times I've received orders within 3 days and I am many states away.
Product: I order everything from the Docs, Dog Supplies included. But for fish, most of my filters, filter media, water conditioners, heaters, food, etc.... come from the Docs.

Star Rating (1-10, 10 being the absolute best): I'm going to give them a 10 on a curve. There simply is no one better at this than the Docs

Additional Comments: The Docs wrote the book on Customer Service, their Customer service is amazing. As an example, I once placed an order that I needed to cancel. I called them, got a hold of a customer service rep who said that it's not really feasible to cancel an order, that the stuff could be returned upon receipt for full credit.... but that she would try and catch the order going across her screen. If she happened to be looking at the screen when it came across, she may be able to intercept it. I headed on about my business. An hour later, I'm walking through Wal-Mart and she calls me. She had been watching for my order for the last hour and managed to cancel it. That is customer service. When Marineland had a recall on the Stealth heaters, both of my Stealths had been purchased a couple of years before from the Docs. Unprompted, I received a letter from them informing me I was eligible for replacement. I called, had two new Fluval M Heaters in a few days, no cost.
120g - Tiger Oscar, Parrot Cichlid, SDs | 55g - 24 Year Old Kissing Gourami
55g - Angelfish/Bolivan Rams | 40g GBRs - 20g Apistos
65g Blackwater Planted Discus Tank
4 Cats, 2 Shelties, 1 Rat Terrier, 1 wife, 1 old lady, 1 sub-adult, 1 rug rat.

Online Stores, Vendors, Sellers Feedback. 4 years 4 months ago #15583

• ~rush~
  • Senior Mod
Vendor Name: Jeff Rapps
Communication: Email
Packaging: I ordered 5 ex-cichlasoma festae (True Red Terror) from Jeff some years back. It was my first live order of anything and I remember thinking that there must be rare diamonds in this box with all the packaging. It was well done, styrofoam box with two bags that were each triple bagged. Heat packs as well.
Delivery time: Delivery was next day air. Doesn't get much faster than that, but I did pay for it so... you get what you pay for there.
Star rating: 9 - again, not sure I'll ever give out a ten, Jeff has great selection and is easy to get a hold of and talk to.

Additional Comments: If you are looking for a cichlid that you just can't find at a pet store there is a good chance Jeff has it. Of the online vendors I've dealt with he is on the top shelf.

Online Stores, Vendors, Sellers Feedback. 4 years 4 months ago #17150

• ~rush~
  • Senior Mod
Vendor Name: Wet Spot Tropical Fish
Website www.wetspottropicalfish.com
Communication Phone, Email
Contact Person Lia, Anthony
Packaging Packaging was done well. Let me give an example. I was expecting this shipment of fish to arrive Wednesday morning around 1030A - that was the expected delivery time given by UPS. I didn't get them until 415P - no fault of Lia, or Anthony, but needless to say the fish were out all day on the delivery truck which is not heated. It was about 20 degrees that day. I got the fish and unpackaged. Box, Stryrofoam, heat pack, and then double bagged in nice thick plastic bags. Water was almost same temp as my tank. Perfect.
Delivery Time Shipped next day air, and although I received them late, it was no fault of the vendor, just the carrier... whom I called multiple times to express my disgust. :)
Star rating 9 - Great prices, awesome selection and awesome quality. Lia even went so far as to call UPS herself to try to get me a full refund since I ended up taking a full day off work waiting for the fish, but to no avail. All the same, the effort is appreciated, and I will remember it.

Additional Comments: A great place to get fish. These people are personable, friendly, and respond timely to questions and concerns. I'll definitely be using them again in the future.

Online Stores, Vendors, Sellers Feedback. 4 years 4 months ago #17394

• ~rush~
  • Senior Mod
Vendor Name: BigAlsPets
Communication Email
Packaging Packaging is done well. I would compare bigals to foster and smith, which is a good thing.
Delivery Time: Being that they are based in Canada most of the products take a little bit longer to arrive on my doorstep as compared to Foster and Smith. That being said it is usually shipped same day so I cannot complain much about it.
Star Rating 8 - Another great vendor with good prices and a great selection.
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds