Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Astronotus orbicularis

Astronotus orbicularis 10 months 1 week ago #71546

Sup all,

I am brand new to the forum, while doing a search online as to where to find Astronotus Orbicularis, i link to a thread came up in google from your forums.

I am indeed looking for one of these Oscars, I live in Ontario, Canada and i am having a hard time finding any of this species.

I would be super duper grateful if anyone could point me in the direction to where i could obtain any :)

Thanks

Don
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Astronotus orbicularis 10 months 1 week ago #71547

• Northstar5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 219
Hi Don.. I am also in Ontario, North Bay to be precise. You could try Mike Bandura at Finatics in Mississauga. Beyond that, Spencer Jack in Winnipeg. Afishinados is his company. He is the Jeff Rapps of Canada.
1600gals of South and Central American cichlids. Some with just a "wee" bit of attitude!

Astronotus orbicularis 10 months 1 week ago #71549

Northstar5 wrote:
Hi Don.. I am also in Ontario, North Bay to be precise. You could try Mike Bandura at Finatics in Mississauga. Beyond that, Spencer Jack in Winnipeg. Afishinados is his company. He is the Jeff Rapps of Canada.

Thanks, i have an email out to Jeff and Spencer, We'll see if they have some in stock :)

Astronotus orbicularis 7 months 4 weeks ago #71929

• DMD4321
  • Apistogramma agassizii
  • Thank you received: 17
How goes the search?

Rapps did get in some crassipinnis 'Araguaia' which might be a good alternative.

Having owned a Rapps Bumblebee I have to say while it was a nice fish it was not as nice as the wild caught ones when he first got them in. Mine was an F2 and it did not look exactly as the wilds he showed on his web site pics. There were enough subtle differences in the fish that made them look just a little different. I think if I were really wanting another Oscar that looked like the orb I would seriously consider the wild crassipinnis instead.
My tanks:
300g - H. Pearsei x1, P. heterospilus x1, Bichirs x 6
65B - Hairy Puffer x1
65B - Wild Columbia Oscars x3
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds