Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Finally Ordered My Tank - Equipment Suggestions?

Finally Ordered My Tank - Equipment Suggestions? 2 months 1 week ago #72307

• ohern4ever
  • Microgeophagus ramirezi
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks for the equipment suggestions I will take a look over all of them to assist me in the buying process. I hate spending money usually but I am really going to enjoy have a giant shopping cart on Big Als. I imagine I will buy most supplies from there unless they Amazon turns out to have a bunch of this stuff on Prime comparably priced. I think Big Als might be on Ebates as well.

Im pleasantly surprised at how "affordable" lights seem to be. I recall back in the day the cost of lights kept me out of a planted tank. It sounds like most LED lights are bright enough for low level light plants which is a nice bonus.

As far as heaters, I remember the goold old days when you could just buy a Jager heater and think nothing of it. I recall the quality going way down hill when they were purchased. Was it Eheim or someone before Eheim. Hard to imagine those heaters being still so bad being that Eheim is still the gold standard for canister filters today....right? You have quite a range in prices for these 300W heaters. Eheim Jagers at $24.47. Fluval $55.99 and then on top of the mountain Cobalts at $119.23. Unless you guys say no way, its hard to imagine buying 1 cobalt over almost 6 Jagers or 2 Fluvals.

I got my quote from Aquadecor for my 66" in tank. Im looking at either the model E11 or 12. Either one with international shiping would come in at 607 Euros or $702. I am looking to get 6 logs as well and those are about 120 euros or $140 extra ($702 includes those). I want the background so believe or not I will probably bight the bullet and buy it. if I do I will be sure to take a few pictures to show you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Finally Ordered My Tank - Equipment Suggestions? 2 months 5 days ago #72310

• Oscarmon
  • Apistogramma agassizii
  • Thank you received: 6
Yeah, don't make the mistake with the lighting. I accidently got one that "promotes plant growth".
Now every week I have to scrub algae of the glass of the tank.

Eheim is mainly known for it's ''Classic canisters' which last a good long time. Nowadays they have something with more bells and whistles. This adds to price and higher chance of a mechanical failure.

Good luck with your build! Setting up is one of the best parts!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds