Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Eheim 2215

Eheim 2215 5 months 3 weeks ago #71369

• beretta96
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Thank you received: 123
Another holiday aquarium issue. I have three 2215's....all ~3 years old. Two of them have had impeller issues - today was the second impeller issue. My son's aquarium is running two of the three 2215's and one didn't start pumping water when it was restarted. I pulled it apart to see what was going on and the ceramic shaft was buried/stuck in the impeller...I couldn't extract it for anything. I couldn't tell if it was seating into the rubber grommet when I was reassembling it. The shaft broke as I was trying to extract it from the impeller. UGH!! LOL!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Eheim 2215 5 months 2 weeks ago #71370

• ~rush~
  • Senior Mod
  • Thank you received: 492
Sorry to hear. I have been running a 2213 for about 3 years as well without issues. I will readily admit that I have not kept up with maintenance on this filter either.
"My Country is the World, and my Religion is to do good." -Thomas Paine

Eheim 2215 5 months 2 weeks ago #71376

• FreshyFesh
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 232
I feel your pain. I had a one year old Sunsun 302 leak all over the basement carpeting and ruin the bottom of the MDF wood stand. Luckily I caught it when it "only" leaked 2-3 gallons of water out of the 29g it was on. It wasn't the big O-ring, nor the manifold O-rings. Even tried it with the baskets removed to make sure something wasn't jamming up the works. Turned out to be coming from the primer button, which is not serviceable in any way without breaking the top.

OTOH, I have a another Sunsun 302 that's been going strong since 2013 on all original gaskets! I carefully clean and lube them any time I open them with silicone plumber's grease.
75g a tiger oscar and a green severum
55g community tank with plants
55g goldfish tank
29g community tank with plants
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds